A modern thermochemical treatment that is carried out in a mixture of nitrogen, hydrogen, and optional carbon spending gas.
- In this low-pressure process, a voltage is applied between the batch and the furnace wall
- A glow discharge with a high ionization level (plasma) is generated around the parts
- On the surface area that is directly charged by ions, nitrogen-rich nitrides are formed and decomposed.
- Due to this mechanism, shielding is easily done by covering the concerned
- Suitable for all ferrous materials
- Sintered Steels with High Porosity
- Cast Iron Materials
- High Alloyed Tool Steels (Even with Chromium Contents Higher than 12%)
- Stainless Steels and Nickel-Based Alloys